[TriLUG] FW: Migrating IMAP to IMAP

spain at ncssm.edu spain at ncssm.edu
Sun Feb 22 09:49:20 EST 2004

I have several email accounts on test.com using IMAP to acess the
messages using netscape messenger and outlook express .. I have several
layers of folders in each of those mail boxes.. This server that
test.com sits on is running qmail ..

 I need to move these mailboxes and keep the original IMAP folder
structure to a different server, running EXim for mail server ..

Is there any simple way to move mail from one mailbox to the other on a
different server?

or would the best bet to:

a)  be to pop3 the mail off the first server  and archive these messages
to a pst/ or someother type of backup
b)  create an imap connection to the 2nd server
c)  import the pop mail archive into the imap connection to the 2nd
server and allow it to sychronize and place the mail on the new server?

Only thing with my best thought method.. I don't think it would retain
and pull down any folder structure..

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Jamil