[TriLUG] Fedora Core 2 agpgart errors

Bill Vinson bill at vinsonweb.com
Sun Feb 22 16:02:45 EST 2004

I am trying to install Fedora Core 2 Test 1 on a 1U Supermicro system.
During boot, I get the following error:

agpgart: posted write buffer flush took morethan 3 seconds

I have tried multiple kernel boot options but nothing has any effect as
agpgart is loaded regardless of whether you are using the graphical or
text installer.

I wonder if this is something with 2.6 and my hardware.  I believe I
have an onboard ATI Rage XL PCI chipset, but to my knowledge there is
no way to disable agpgart without a new kernel.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill