[TriLUG] history

Stephen Hoffman srhoffman at hofftech.net
Mon Feb 23 12:16:02 EST 2004

Got a question about functionality that may or may not exist, but I
certainly don't want to start writing programs that already exist...

I want to be able to use the commands out of "history".  When I type a
long drawn out command one time I want to be able to call that same
command much like bash does with tab completion or to be able to
re-execute entry #100 but don't really want to alias it.  This may seem
lazy, but I am not one for jumping from keyboard to mouse back to
keyboard...I want to use one or the other...and some systems don't even
have a mouse.

Does this functionality exist under another name or exist at all?  RTFM
produced little on "history", Where else can I look?

TIA,
Steve