[TriLUG] ASP under Linux

U. Jason Gloege Jr. crash at metalab.unc.edu
Mon Mar 8 10:16:11 EST 2004

> Quick question, just need a yes or no more or less ... and maybe if
> yes, a possible module to look at.  Is it possible to run ASP-based
> websites under Linux?  My knowledge of ASP is zippo ... nada ... but I
> have a colleague who is setting up a webserver that has the possibility
> of using a scheduling system that was developed using ASP (pages are
> .aspx) ... and I was trying to get him to use apache under Linux vs.
> something under Windows.

it is possible... way back in the day, a company called chilisoft made an
Apache module for running ASPs on multiple platforms, but when i just
searched for www.chilisoft.com, it popped up to:

http://wwws.sun.com/software/chilisoft/index.html

it appears that sun has swallowed them, but they seem to still be around
in some form.  can't speak to quality, 'cause i don't know, but the
possibility is out there.

hth,
jason