[TriLUG] ASP under Linux

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Mon Mar 8 12:36:28 EST 2004

Douglas Kojetin said the following on 3/8/04 10:13 AM:

> Hi All-
>
> Quick question, just need a yes or no more or less ... and maybe if yes,
> a possible module to look at.  Is it possible to run ASP-based websites
> under Linux?  My knowledge of ASP is zippo ... nada ... but I have a
> colleague who is setting up a webserver that has the possibility of
> using a scheduling system that was developed using ASP (pages are .aspx)
> ... and I was trying to get him to use apache under Linux vs. something
> under Windows.
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

Hi Doug,

First of all, note that ASP is actually a general term for a way of
doing web pages under microsoft.  The actual language used can be one
of several including VBScript, JavaScript, and, iirc, perlscript.
If the app is written in VBScript, then afaik, the only thing you can
do is try to look into the Chilisoft thing mentioned in another reply.
If it's written in JavaScript, or even better, perl script, you can
try using the mod_perl module Apache::ASP.  I don't know how well it
works, though, so YMMV.

Good luck,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton