[TriLUG] Seeking Free-Software-friendly laptop suggestions

Matt Matthews jvm at linuxgames.com
Mon Mar 8 14:45:03 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 14:18, David A. Cafaro wrote:
> I just wanted to let you know that if you still want to get a Dell
> Latitude C640, they are still being sold to universities.  I just
> checked and the C840, C640, C400 are available from dell under their
> university web sales.  I've been very happy with my C600, C610 and C640
> Linux support.  They are presently using the True-Mobile 1150 Mini-PCI
> cards in the C series which I believe still work under Linux (at least
> my card is a True-Moblie 1150 mini-pci and has worked fine under Red hat
> 8.0, 9.0, Fedora Core 1, and Mandrake 9.2).  Just an option if you would
> like to get another 640C.

Well, the Duke online store doesn't list it, and the brick-and-mortar
store is closed today. I'll have to head over there when they open later
this week. Thanks for the heads-up. I'd assumed that the 640C was
out-of-production and therefore out-of-stock.

Regards,
matt
--
Curmudgeon Gamer: In your heart, you know they're right.
http://curmudgeongamer.com/