[TriLUG] Seeking Free-Software-friendly laptop suggestions

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Mon Mar 8 14:18:00 EST 2004

I just wanted to let you know that if you still want to get a Dell
Latitude C640, they are still being sold to universities.  I just
checked and the C840, C640, C400 are available from dell under their
university web sales.  I've been very happy with my C600, C610 and C640
Linux support.  They are presently using the True-Mobile 1150 Mini-PCI
cards in the C series which I believe still work under Linux (at least
my card is a True-Moblie 1150 mini-pci and has worked fine under Red hat
8.0, 9.0, Fedora Core 1, and Mandrake 9.2).  Just an option if you would
like to get another 640C.

-David