[TriLUG] help with Mandrake 10

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed Mar 10 11:40:15 EST 2004

On Wednesday 10 March 2004 10:56 am, Dan wrote:
> I just upgraded to Mandrake 10, I had been using 9.2.  Apparently I didn't
> install the SCSI emulation stuff for my CD writer.  At boot the system sees
> the drive as /dev/hda but when I do a 'cdrecord -scanbus' it doesn't find
> it.  Previously the drive was located at 'dev=3,0,0'.  What package do I
> need to install to regain this functionality?

Dan,

MDK 10.0 uses Kernel 2.6.x, which doesn't need scsi emulation for for IDE
CD-RW anymore. And the new cdrecord (and K3B), can record using 2.6.x's IDE
CD-RW set up.

It should work (TM) with the CD-RW as a plain IDE device.

I don't have that much experience with kernel 2.6, so I cannot help you more.

Have you tried recording "as is", with all as IDE, and see what happens?

Salut,
Sinner

--
Visit my website! http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.2 - Kernel  2.4.22-10mdksmp  Linux User # 89976