[TriLUG] speaking of pda's

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Thu Mar 11 10:54:22 EST 2004

Sharp seems to market the Zaurus as a simple PDA, even though us Linux
geeks know it is much more!  :)  All the docs that came with my 5600
only cover connectivity with Mac/Win.  Currently, I use rsync to back up
my Z but haven't tried any syncing with evo yet.

I'm using The Kompany rom on my Z, which appears to be supported
(http://multisync.sourceforge.net/devices.shtml#opie) but I can't say
first hand how well it works.

Besides the syncing, the Z has been awesome though, ssh/screen/irssi/etc
is especially cool when I'm sitting on the sofa with the wireless CF
card going...

:)

--mike