[TriLUG] Mandrake 10 again

Dan trilug at daijin.nulluser.com
Mon Mar 15 09:37:44 EST 2004

--On Thursday, March 11, 2004 04:52:30 PM -0500 Dan
<trilug at daijin.nulluser.com> wrote:

> --On Thursday, March 11, 2004 04:28:09 PM -0500 Tanner Lovelace
> <lovelace at wayfarer.org> wrote:
>
>> Dan said the following on 3/11/04 10:28 AM:
>>

>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> You might try adding "noapic" to the kernel command line.
>>

> I think there's some BIOS params for the apic stuff...I'll look there as
> well.  Would noapic prevent SMP?
> --
> Dan

Finally got the box working and it does seem to be faster.  It took me a
couple of install cycles to figures out that I could modify the bootloader
params from within the install itself... I'm slow but persistent.

I now have another problem but will start a new thread for it.  Thanks for
all the help!
--
Dan