[TriLUG] the FTC and anti-spam legislation and enforcement

stan briggs stan at stanbriggs.com
Mon Mar 15 14:51:31 EST 2004

ncsa/trilug/tntug,
i've been talking to some of the attorneys at the federal trade
commission. they are willing to come speak to us about anti-spam
legislation and enforcement. i thought that this subject would be of
general enough interest that all three groups might be interested in
having a joint meeting and have them come speak.
the only downside is that we would have to pay for their airfare and hotel
(~$500) but that would be split three ways.
they have a preference for may. they suggested the 10th or the 11th
(monday or tuesday).

what's the interest level like? i, myself, am tired of spam and frustrated
by lack of understanding of my rights and what i can really do about it.

stan