[TriLUG] [JOB] Red Hat - Senior Quality Assurance Engineer

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Wed Mar 17 18:08:29 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 17:20, Christopher L Merrill wrote:
> Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> > [idle thought] -- What is an "agile development method" ?
>
> IMO, it is somewhere between
>
> "a development process that is so planned, controlled and documented
> that it collapeses under it's own weight"
>
> and
>
> "hack away like mad to make the next milestone and don't worry
> about anything else"
>
> I think of it as "work smarter, not harder"...but my statements are a
> great simplification of the many good ideas in agile methodologies.

Ha!

I saw the web site (http://agilemanifesto.org/) and immediately started
looking for a "Despair, Inc." label near the bottom:

  http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/posters/despair/

However, they apparently did a good job of maintaining the fallacy.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com