[TriLUG] Redhat 9 on Cyrix?

Rick DeNatale rick at denhaven2.homeip.net
Fri Mar 19 10:33:16 EST 2004

The problem is finding a set of images which will work.

I neglected to mention that I had ALREADY tried to do a network
install.  Originally the machine I'm trying to use had no CD-ROM drive,
so I put the three iso images (the downloaded disc1 from ibiblio, and
images from the two original discs 2 and 3 onto my working linux machine
and exported them via NFS. Again everything seemed to be going well
until the install machine complained about a corrupted source disk.

And yes, I'd carefully created the image files, using a shell script
which used isoinfo to get the blocksize and block count from the discs
and fed those to dd to make sure I got everything. I then checked the
md5sums of the discs and the isofiles and everything looked copacetic.