[TriLUG] LaTeX gurus: is it possible to ignore lines on 'include'

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Thu Mar 25 09:27:04 EST 2004

I've become a conservative (technologically, speaking, not politically
:)), and so don't use a GUI for this. I use GNU emacs to edit LaTeX and
BibTeX files "by hand" with the assistance of AucTeX-mode and flyspell. I
made the switch from Word to LaTeX while working on the first chapter of
my dissertation; I spent, *literally*, an entire day getting a single
figure placed where I wanted it to go on the page, and decided enough was
enough. I was already a unix geek at work, so backed up my home machine,
loaded debian, and was off!

I haven't seen xisi2bib, but I'll check it out - it looks promising. The
least satisfying part of my writing environment is entering bibtex entries
by hand. Not that it's terribly difficult, but automating it would be more
pleasant.

Best,

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu