[TriLUG] LaTeX gurus: is it possible to ignore lines on 'include'

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Thu Mar 25 09:55:26 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 08:24, Douglas Kojetin wrote:
> Thanks for all the informative replies.  Does anyone know if bibtex (or
> something similar) could be useful to keep track of not only references
> but PDF files as well?  I have a ton (quantity ton, not weight ton ...
> :) ) of articles I'd like to 'link' to my references, search through,
> then find what PDFs I might want to read.  Any ideas?  I've seen the
> package Librarian on the bioinformatics website, but that's not
> necessarily what I had in mind: a) it's web-based and b) the GUI isn't
> what I was looking for in terms of displaying/updating information.

I don't understand what you're trying to do.  If you're looking for
database products for indexing and searching references, there are a
handful of them out there.  I have some very limited experience with
"procite" (which may no longer be commercially available) and it did a
reasonably good job of managing and exporting citations to various
formats (including bibtex).

> BTW, what do you guys use for LaTeX editors?  I've been pretty
> satisfied with TeXShop, but I'd like to get a feel for what others use.

Emacs with auctex:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS;  Room 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
email:   eh3 at mit.edu,  ed at eh3.com