[TriLUG] LaTeX gurus: is it possible to ignore lines on 'include'

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Mar 25 10:48:45 EST 2004

I just found this interesting EndNote-like program:  JabRef

http://jabref.sourceforge.net/

I may switch to this.  I prefer to search PubMed/MedLine though the
HTML interface (not through EndNote's search function; it's super slow)
... and there is a nice 'Fetch Medline' sidebar in JabRef that
downloads the reference information when given the MedLine number.
Very cool!

Not sure about other databases though (ISI) ... and this program may be
'shunned' by ye who do not like to use a GUI.  I'll consider switching
away from TeXShop at some point, but for now it gets the job done
quickly (important for graduation)!  I too swiched from Word to LaTeX
because of possibility (and past experience) of formatting issues ...

As far as what I was trying to explain below, I'd like some way of
linking my reference database to my massive folder of PDF journal
article files.  Then I'd like to have a way of searching the reference
list for keywords to quickly access the journal article PDF I was
hoping to find.  Does that make sense?  JabRef actually has a 'Pdf'
field and a 'browse' button, so that may do the trick.  After looking
at Librarian some more, it may fill my needs as well (although it would
be nice for it to output bibtex format; it doesn't say whether it does
or not).  The thing I like about Librarian is that it supposedly
renames PDF files according to the reference.

Doug