[TriLUG] mdk 10 and getting modules to work

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Sun Mar 28 01:29:34 EST 2004

rock said the following on 3/27/04 7:46 PM:

> I have my laptop working well but I have to do a strange process at boot
> which I would like to fix. For some reason all of my modules are not
> yenta_socket nvidia and toshiba_acpi. How do I get these modules to
> start. I have tried editing the modules.conf and modprobe.conf and
> modules. What do I need to edit to get these modules to load at boot. I
> am running a 2.6.3 kernel and mdk 10 ce.

If you add them to /etc/modules (each module name on a line) it should
load them up at boot time.  I've seen the same thing with the nvidia
module and that's what I did to fix it.  You might search mandrake's
bugzilla at http://qa.mandrakesoft.net/ (iirc), though.  And post here
if you find a better solution, please.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton