[TriLUG] Re: Linux @ Wake-Tech

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at nc.rr.com
Sun Mar 28 22:38:17 EST 2004

Catching up  after a weekend in ATL.

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 14:34, Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> I'm
> taking their Parallel Programming course this summer,
> which is something I have high hopes for, in terms of
> being a very interesting and rewarding class... If I
> remember, I'll post my assesment of it after the semester
> ends.

Don't get your hopes up Phil.  The material is interesting, but the pace
is dreadful.  The first half of the semester will be spent on intro to
C.  You would think that when they put a prerequisite Intro to C course
requirement, they wouldn't cover the prereq. material.  Even when you
get to MPI, it'll be absurdly simple with no real applicable parallel
code.  Ok, maybe the last assignment.  Should be an easy A for you
though.

-Tim

PS I have the book if you want to buy it from me.
--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at nc.rr.com>