RTFM (was: VERPing and Personalization (was Re: [TriLUG] Ipta bles help))

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 11:28:56 EST 2004

Mike M wrote:

> Note 2: Anyone that is willing to give up learning because they have encountered
> an unpleasent answer to a question is watching too much television.

Maybe, if that's their only reason for giving up.  But there's no
question in my mind that if a newbie in some field turns to the
community associated with that field, and asks for information,
and is greated with contempt from a bunch of arrogant #@#%!'s,
he or she is going to add that to his/her mental list of "reasons
why I don't give a f#@k about this and should move on to something else."

Just like we all maintain our own little internal list of "reasons
why I should quit my job," ya know?  Any one event might not be a
good enough reason by itself (boss yelled at  you this morning),
but over time as the list grows longer and longer, we stand the
chance of hitting a tipping point.

Anyway, just my $00.02 worth....

Phil R.

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org