[TriLUG] procmail, sendmail & SA

Craig Higgins craig at musiccarriers.co.nz
Tue Mar 30 23:40:59 EST 2004

Hi there everyone,

im running RH9 with sendmail and spamassassin which I have managed to get
working using a procmailrc file in each users home directory.  Hoping to
move to the next level in the war against spam I was wanting to begin site
wide filtering, but I see that any code for this is to be entered into a
/etc/procmailrc file which does not seem to be on the system.so im a little
confused, do I have procmail on the server? Is it running? And how do I
tell?  Im hoping that by moving to a site wide filtering system I can filter
mail that we relay onto a couple of our clients - from what I can tell the
clients only seem to be aliases on the server and don't actually have a user
account & home directory which I can create a procmailrc file for.

Any thoughts or suggestions regarding this situation would be much
appreciated.