[TriLUG] Hamfest thanks

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Mon Apr 5 23:55:13 EDT 2004

Jeremy Portzer said the following on 4/5/04 4:50 PM:

> A big thanks to all the volunteers who came out to the TriLUG table at
> the Raleigh Hamfest yesterday.  We made over $300 for TriLUG and
> hopefully helped spread the word about Linux.
>
> Big thanks to these volunteers:
[...]
> Tanner Lovelace		[the most experienced ham among us?]

Question mark?!? :-)

> And thanks to those of you who stopped by the table and bought stuff,
> thank you too!

For those of you who didn't come by, here's a few photos of the trilug
booth:

http://www.trilug.org/gallery/rarsfest2004

> We are planning our next hamfest table for Saturday, July 17th at the
> Cary Amateur Radio Club's swapfest.  We'll post more information about
> that as the date nears.

One of the things we'd like to do for the next hamfest is find a linux
distro geared towards ham radio.  I found AFU Knoppix, but the web
pages are almost all in German and you apparently have to select
english at boot time (otherwise it boots into German).  Anyone want
to help out perhaps in slightly modifying this to default to English?
Also, it would be good to test this before the meeting.  What would
really be cool is if we could test this before the upcoming ham radio
field day (June 26-27) and take some copies of it to Field Day to get
people interested in it. O:-)  If anyone is interested in trying this
out, please let me know.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton