[TriLUG] ethernet print server

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Thu Apr 8 10:56:12 EDT 2004

Jason Tower wrote:
> i need a couple of these for a job, HP jet directs are great but
> expensive.  can anyone recommend an inexpensive ethernet print server
> that plays nice with linux?  speaking of which, do any such devices
> support usb printers (not that i need it now, just curious)?  thanks,

We have a Netgear PS110 print server.  This model has 2 parallel
ports, no USB.

We print from Linux, Windows and OSX via a print queue on a RedHat box.

In contrast to some other posters, we have been using it for three years
with few problems.  We've rebooted occasionally during that time (maybe
4-5 times) but usually in conjunction with rebooting the Linux box running
the print queue.  We were never sure which one was the problem, so we
would do both.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software