[TriLUG] ethernet print server

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 8 10:14:29 EDT 2004

+1 for JetDirects from me as well.

As others have said, JetDirects are worth it. I work for a very small
cash strapped company, so I search for deals. I got our last JetDirect
on Ebay. I think I paid like $25-30 for it. Yes, it was used. We haven't
had a problem with it.

Ken

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 06:43, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
> Gotta admit it, the JetDirects are the only print servers that I've
> never seen problems with.  I'd say avoid the NetGear's in particular,
> several revisions of them have a bug which causes them to crash after a
> known period of time - there isn't a firmware fix, and the bug has been
<SNIP>

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."--Benjamin Franklin
" 'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human liberty; it
is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."--William Pitt