[TriLUG] OT: Hobby Parts for Electronics

Brian A. Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Wed Apr 14 19:00:07 EDT 2004

Yes, pardon me for also responding on-list, but as a fellow electronics
enthousiast, I too am interested in any component wholesale leads, now that
Capital Electronics (formerly downtown on Glenwood) has closed up shop.
There may well be others on the list who would benefit from this OT pearl of
wisdom (perl of wisdom?  heh)...  So I am especially interested if anyone
knows of good local dealers.

-1 Radio Shack.  While they had it, they wanted $15 for an LM3914/3916
(dot/bar display driver IC), which you can get from DigiKey for about $3.
Just one extreme example of the price gouging you can expect to encounter at
Radio Shack.

Cheers,
~Brian