[TriLUG] Belkin Nostromo SpeedPad N52

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 15 13:59:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 01:33:42PM -0400, Lee wrote:
> Has anyone tried to get a Belkin Nostromo SpeedPad N52 (or the N50 for
> that matter) working under Linux. Or perhaps even heard of someone
> getting this to work? A google search didn't turn up anything useful.
> Windows sees it as a HID keyboard, if Linux sees it as the same, it may
> only take a keymap or something to get it working. I've been drooling
> over this thing for a while, but since I don't have any windows PCs at
> home I've been holding off on getting one.

I'm using a N52 at home for UT2004.  Linux (or RH9, at least) just sees it
as a keyboard.  I can't re-program its keys, but most of the default maps
work well with FPS games.  The others I can fix by changing the game's
keymappings.  There is one button that I can't use because it maps to
CapsLock which UT2004 won't let me map.  Luckily, it's not one of the
primary controls or the D-pad.  With all those buttons, having one
nonfunctional is no big deal.

The N50 is a very different beast and needs a driver.  One can be found at:
http://www.jimbomania.com/nostromo.html
but I have no experience with it.

On a side note, any particular UT2004 server being frequented by TriLug
players?

--Brian

--
Question with boldness even the existence of a god;
because if there be one he must approve of the

--Thomas Jefferson, Aug. 10, 1787

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net