[TriLUG] OT: Dial-Up ISP

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Sat May 8 11:03:39 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 04:01:47PM -0400, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:

> And we're quite Linux friendly.  :)

That is refreshing to hear.  I really don't know why the ISP
community at large is so anxious about Linux.  It seems to me
that the wise approach would be to embrace Linux albiet at
a higher level of expectation of user cognition and capability.

When a Linux user calls for help, treat 'em like we treat 'em here.
Can you ping out?  You don't know what ping is?  Call us back when
you do or switch to Windows.

No molly-coddling for Linux users but no rejection either.  I think
Linux users would appreciate this approach.  I guess the big concern
for the ISP is getting themselves in the position of training and
debugging 1001 different Linux configurations for users that are too
lazy to learn on their own.  Come to think of it, I'd want protection
from those folks too :-).

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.