[TriLUG] OT: Dial-Up ISP

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Mon May 10 11:20:55 EDT 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 01:31:23PM -0400, Ben Pitzer wrote:

> Now, don't get me wrong, here.  I don't think that a company should turn
> away Linux users, or that they should hang up the phone when someone says
> that they're using Linux, but there's only so much troubleshooting that can
> go on if you're not trained on Linux.

That was my point.  Set the bar higher for Linux customers.  Heck, why
not have a robot?  800 number access for a battery of keypad accessible
tests: ping me, recite ip address, etc.; info: DNS status, access info.
Linux folks can deal with minimalism and DIY.

> Ack.  Looks like you got one of my hot buttons on this one.

My work here is successful :-).
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.