[TriLUG] Run two OS simultaneously

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon May 24 23:07:50 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 21:58, Wesley Zhang wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to run two OS (win2k and linux) simultaneously in same box.
> VMWare may serve such purpose, before I dive into VMWare, I would like
> to explore any alternatives and their pro/cons, especially similar open
> source projects if there is any.
>
> Thanks,
> Wesley

If you actually need to run two OS'es simultaneously then VMware is the
way to go (unless you want to buy some "big iron"). If you simply want
to run some Windows apps on your Linux machine, then there are multiple
solutions to that: Wine, Code Weavers, Win4lin, WinToNet, etc...

Good luck,

Jon Carnes