[TriLUG] Run two OS simultaneously

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue May 25 09:22:25 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 07:54, Smith, Brett wrote:
> Don't forget CoLinux http://www.colinux.org/
> QEMU is the fastest free x86 emulator http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
> I run Windows 2000 in QEMU now...
> Bochs is way to slow for anything other than development

I tried running the binary on an up-to-date RH9 box (if such thing can
really exist now that it is EOL'ed by Red Hat)...
  "qemu-i386" gives a segmentation fault
 (though "qemu" gives the standard help menu type items)

I'll probably have to compile it to get it to run nicely. Is it worth
it? How do you load a Win98 image onto it?  I don't see a way to bring
up the emulator in simple BIOS emulation mode (so that I can load the CD
and install Win98).

Jon Carnes