[TriLUG] OT Beers

Smith, Brett bsmith at bloodhoundinc.com
Tue Jun 1 15:47:09 EDT 2004

Nevermind
Goodwin's Law of Usenet

Professor Goodwin, U of I, in 1981 made the observation that Usenet
discussions gravitate downhill.

He postulated that as the length of a discussion thread grows, the
probability approaches one (1) that one participant will introduce the terms
"Hitler" or "Nazi".

The custom has evolved that the first party to utter "Hitler" or "Nazi" has
lost the discussion, and the thread terminates.
LOL