[TriLUG] need better router

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Wed Jun 2 06:45:59 EDT 2004

Mike,

This would be a great candidate for one of the "appliance" distros,
Clark connect ( www.clarkconnect.org ), or E-Smith ( www.e-smith.org ).
They will provide router, email, web and Samba, as well as some other
goodies.  I would suggest more RAM, 32 should be fine though.

Kevin

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 02:05, Mike M wrote:
> Is a P5-133Mhz with 16MB sufficient for implementing a secure router?
> It needs to replace a Linksys appliance in terms of performance.
>
> I have 2 each rtl8139 NICs for the box but I could get Intel or 3Com
> NICs if that is necessary to meet performance requirements.
>
> TIA,
> --
> Mike
>
> Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.

If you never see anything that offends you, you aren't living in a free
society

Kim Campbell - Former Canadian Prime Minister