[TriLUG] need better router

Jaimie Livingston jaimie at onebutterfly.com
Wed Jun 2 11:42:38 EDT 2004

> I like the BSD suggestion and I'd like to think that I'm not a chicken
> shit for avoiding it for so long even though I am security paranoid.
> Is BSD friendly to old computers that cannot boot from CD?
> >
> > David M.

Absolutely, using the FTP install method.

Example: I currently have OpenBSD installed on an Gateway 2000 Original Solo laptop (circa
1998). The system is a P120 w/40MB of RAM, 1.2GB internal IDE HDD, 3com 3c589 PCMCIA NIC,
and an external 10GB IDE drive using a PCMCIA IDE controller. In the past, I've used it as
a firewall/router by installing 2 3c589's.

Jaimie