[TriLUG] NIC may be too old

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 2 22:28:50 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 05:40:56PM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> If it gets to be a problem I think I have something like 15 3c905s, or
> whatever the 10/100 3com cards are.  I could geocache one North of Wake
> Forest if you were truly in need.  :)

Geocache?  I like that.  Looks like I've got some troubleshooting to
do.  Darn NIC is unresponsive again.  I'm going to swap in an rtl8139
to see if things act any differently.  I don't know if its mobo or
nic.  It's not the software - same thing happens with both Linux and
BSD.

So you've got 3c905s nics for sale?  How much?  Need two. Googling says they
would make a pretty router card.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.