[TriLUG] Geocaching with linux (was Re: NIC may be too old)

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Thu Jun 3 01:06:33 EDT 2004

john broome said the following on 6/3/04 12:26 AM:

> I've been meaning to ask you what you were using.  I've only found one,
> and that was using one of the windows programs to keep up with my
> waypoints/caches.

I've mainly been using GPSpoint and GPSBabel along with cmconverter
to convert gpx files for use with my palm.  I've also used a mac
program to upload/download waypoints, but it's buggy as heck.  That's
one of the reasons I'm thinking about using Qt to write my own program
(to upload/download/manage waypoints) is that I could use the same
program on both my linux and mac platforms.

Oh, and Viking is pretty cool for overlaying waypoints on top of
topo or satellite pictures, but it's interface is still a bit rough.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace       | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace at wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton