[TriLUG] need better router

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Jun 2 16:42:39 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 03:55:59PM -0400, Mike M wrote:

> It's the extra functionality I need/want.  I want to pin-prick the
> firewall to allow a particular IP to come through.  I want to
> further restrict the access to SSH activity on a particular machine on
> my LAN.

That sounds like how I have run my firewall machine for quite some time.
First under Linux and now ( recently ) OpenBSD.  I have rules on the
firewall that say that all SSH traffic go to one machine, HTTPS traffic
to another, IMAPS traffic to another and incoming SMTP to another.  (
actually there aren't quite that many individual machines, but you get
the idea. )  The only way to get in to the firewall machine itself is
from inside.

Have fun!
Brian