[TriLUG] And now from the get rid of Ma and PaBell for good department: how to set up your own

Glen Ford gford at idiom.com
Sun Jun 13 19:55:31 EDT 2004

Jon,

    I have first stab at getting my Asterisk to talk to your Asterisk
over IAX.  I am using IAX2 and I turned on port forwarding  [4569/UDP]
to allow your Asterisk server to contact my Asterisk server.

Below are my configs.

1. Here is my iax.conf file

[general]
port=4569
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
amaflags=default
accountcode=home

register => gford:password at ip_of_jon:4569

;Allow Jon's server to register to my system from
;Jon's IP
[From-JonServer]
;type=user is to authenticate an incoming call
type=user
secret=his_secret
context=internal
host=ip_of_jon

[To-JonServer]
;type=peer is someone you send a call to
type=peer
secret=his_secret
context=internal
host=ip_of_jon

2. my extensions.conf relevant entries

[globals]
TIMEOUT=12
; I am gussing the 9 needs to be in first position in order to place an outbound call via the PSTN
GLENCELL=95555555
JONSERVER=10.1.1.1

[iax]
include => misc
; thought is that person will call my PSTN and get voice prompt to enter 444 to call my cell phone
; then the call is place out Jon's PSTN .... MAYBE
exten => 444,1,Dial(IAX/To-JonServer:password@$(JONSERVER)/${GLENCELL}@internal)