[TriLUG] SuSE

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jun 16 11:23:42 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 11:20, Bob Shepherd wrote:
> Please flame me if it was improper to reply to this on-list!
>
> Yes, I am an enthusiastic SuSE 9.0 user/convert from Win2K for my personal
> workstation.  Haven't tried 9.1 yet.  I do not have a rich Linux background
> otherwise, except building simple firewalls, etc.  All I know is I like SuSE
> 9.0 better than Windows for its overall usability.  My job is .NET web
> applications development.

Do you run the .NET framework on Linux?

Someone asked me what I thought of that (.NET on Linux) and I had to
admit I had no experience with it, and didn't realize that it even works
(or is supposed to work) on Linux.  I've generally stayed away from it,
as it's a Microsoft thing; if I want a cross-platform executable I'll
use Java or a scripting language like Perl or Python.   What has your
experience been with Linux support for .NET then?

Thanks,
Jeremy