[TriLUG] Any spots in the Triangle for LAN parties?

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Mon Jun 21 20:08:50 EDT 2004

Generally a bunch of folks get together with their PCs and connect to a LAN,
hence the name.  From there it's usually a gaming session with something like
Quake 3, Unreal Tournament, Balttlefield 1942, or whatever the favorite
multiplayer game is.

There is also sometimes shareing of software and other media because of the
convenience of being on the LAN, but be careful as this part easily slips out
of the bounds of what's legal to share.

Pizza, chips, beer and a very long night are often part of the deal.  In such
long nights past, folks have made "lancakes" at dawn.

If you're looking to meet girls, this isn't the place, but it's usually some
of the most fun you'll ever have playing these games.

Michael