[TriLUG] Is BellSouth DSL service better than Time Warner Cable connection

Tayfun Teksoy tteksoy at nc.rr.com
Mon Jun 28 21:26:17 EDT 2004

Is BellSouth DSL service better than Time Warner Internet connection.
Recently I am experiencing problems with time warner cable modem connection.

My connection speed varies between 1000kbps and 300kbps down link,
80kbps and 300kbps uplink.

My recent test shows *582**/ 310*kbps.

I am frustrated with inconsistent link speeds,time outs and considering
to switch to Bell South DSL connection.

Does any one have experience with both and compare the advantages and
disadvantages of each.

Is DSL connection Linux friendly, it seem like they do not support Linux
on their web page.

Thanks in advance  for all responses.