[TriLUG] DVD software advice

Daniel Zhang zhang at clinicaltools.com
Tue Jul 6 16:43:36 EDT 2004

xine works on my rh9 and fedora core 1 Linux machines playing DVD.
Mplayer should work for rh9 and Fedora 1.  You can do fast/slow motion
but  I don't know if you can control the frame  by numbers.  There is
another one called Ogle which I didn't try before.

XINE: http://xinehq.de/
Mplayer: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/
Ogle: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/groups/dvd/

There are not many free and decent video players for Linux right now. I
had problems to find a driver working for my Dell laptop wireless card.
The driver thing, in my opinion , is the biggest obstacle for common
Linux users.

Daniel