[TriLUG] Re: Contents of TriLUG Digest, Vol 12, Issue 7 - Message 3

Rick DeNatale rick at denhaven2.homeip.net
Fri Jul 23 12:09:57 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 11:53 -0400, Michael Prorock wrote:

> Most recently I convinced my boss to leave his dear, "user friendly" win2k
> system for linux.  It has been an absolute success, only after he stopped
> cussing long enough to sit down and think about how to press a different
> icon to get to his porn.  The biggest trick is showing stubborn people the
> fact that just because linux works differently (and better, I might add)
> than windows, that that doesn't mean it doesn't work.

This is a good observation, which at the risk of fanning flames, applies
to a broader arena than just Linux v. Windows.

The other day I had lunch at Schlotzky's and was doing a little surfing
on one of the iMacs that they provide. A guy sitting next to me asked me
for the time, and after showing him my watch, pointed out that it was
right there in the upper right hand corner of his screen.  He said
"hmmpf, it's on the bottom on my computer,  I haven't used Macs much,
but this isn't bad."

I'm pretty much eclectic when it comes to computers, I figure that you
can learn something from all of them.