[TriLUG] FC1 Kernel build 2197 vs. ntfs

Brian Henning lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Mon Jul 26 22:40:28 EDT 2004

Hey,
  Anyone else running FC1 and getting seg faults when trying to
install/use kernel-ntfs....2197.nptl?  The next-most-recent build is
2194, in which kernel-ntfs works without a hitch...  But in 2197,
/sbin/depmod -a segfaults during installation (and again during removal)
on my system.  Anyone know why that is happening?  Is it a bug in
kernel-ntfs....2197, or a problem with my system?  (And yes, I am
running the appropriate kernel build when attempting these
installations)

Thanks,
~Brian