[TriLUG] Serial pci card

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Tue Jul 27 12:01:04 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-27 at 08:51, Marvin Blackburn wrote:
> We need to put in a serial pci card into a system running either redhat 9.0,
> redhat AS 3.0, ES 3.0, AS 2.1, or ES 2.1.  We couldn't find any hardware
> listed on the compatibility list at redhat.

In the past, I used numerous SIIG PCI RS-232 cards since they worked
well with Linux (had real 16550A UARTs).  But their web pages no longer
list Linux drivers!  :-(

So a quick search turned up some PCI RS-232 cards including a few from
SuperLogics who do list Linux support:

  http://www.superlogics.com/sl/asp/cat_44/prod_1454/ls/sl_spec.htm
  http://www.superlogics.com/sl/asp/cat_44/prod_1456/ls/sl_spec.htm

and aren't too pricey.