[TriLUG] down, but not defeated

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 12 18:25:19 EDT 2004

Well, among other things there were DNS gremlins at work at Lucent
today partially leading to my inability to get mail into the box.  The
lucent mail edge processor box is on one network while the mail server
is on another network.  The mail server got a new DHCP address from the
local server and what I think happened was the DNS server on the edge
network may not have known the ip address of the new server.

Oh well, I'm heading back there tomorrow to see if I can fix everything.

Fun.

Greg