[TriLUG] A job that was passed to me, out of my area, some of you may want to try for it.

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 20 11:56:12 EDT 2004

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 11:14:16AM -0400, Shawn Dawson wrote:
> If you are interested, reply to cmorton at teksystems.com.
>

> >From: "Craig Morton" <cmorton at teksystems.com>
> >Teksystems has partnered with a national firm located in Morrisville, NC in
> >search of up to 20 qualified Linux Testers/Administrators for a short term
> >project.
> >
> >Linux Network Administrators will both conduct a series of defined IT
> >related tasks involving typical system components including, but not
> >limited
> >to configuring e-mail, directory services and file and print services.
> >These
> >tests are designed so that an intermediate level IT Administrator could
> >reasonably expect to complete the assigned tasks.
> >
> >Candidate must have two years or more experience in Linux network
> >administration for a medium/large business (500-2000 employees),

The recruiters are at it again.  Linux is just now cracking into the
large enterprises.  That means there are just not that many admins
with large enterprise experience. Those with 4 years of experience might
number in the 100s in the US.

I recommend that the requirement be read as follows:
Requirements:
1) Admin for large enterprise (regardless of brand of technology)
2) Linux admin capability

> >specifically related to tasks including but not limited to configuring
> >e-mail, directory services and file and print services.
> >
> >Linux candidates must have two years or more experience in each of the
> >following Linux applications:
> >*LDAP
> >*Samba
> >*Sendmail
> >*Hands-on experience with RH Advanced Server and/or SUSE Enterprise Server
> >
> >Craig Morton
> >IT Recruiter
> >Toll Free 888-891-8403
> >919-816-1508
> >cmorton at teksystems.com
> >Thingamajob - Find a job quickly and easily from thousands of job listings

Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.