[TriLUG] DOH!

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Aug 25 10:31:18 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 10:23, William Sutton wrote:
> At the risk of sounding bitter or anything...heaven forbid an employer
> should put up a reasonable job description rather than one that demands
> every known skill, 5 eons of experience, and the desire to work for
> peanuts.

I really don't think the employer would have written the description if
they didn't think they would have at least some qualified, interested
candidates.  After all, it was from a recruiting firm, and their
business is to understand the job market.  They wouldn't waste their
time on it if they didn't think there was potential.

Also, the jobs did not include salary ranges.  How do you know you would
have to work "for peanuts?"  Perhaps those jobs are offering a high
salary appropriate for such a senior person.  I do find it refreshing to
have a truly detailed description.

If the jobs don't interest you, I suggest you just ignore it.  Many
folks on this list are looking for jobs and probably appreciate the
leads.  That said, I'm not quite sure what that job had to do with
Linux... :-)

Jeremy
speaking for himself