[TriLUG] Another WRT54G question

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 14:00:35 EDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:40:11 -0400, Tanner Lovelace
<lovelace at wayfarer.org> wrote:
> While we seem to be on the subject of the WRT54G I thought I'd
> through out another question for the experts out there. :-)
>
> What I would like to accomplish is this.  I would like to
> completely separate my internal, external, and wireless
> networks.  That is, the wireless network should have no
> access to the internal network and vice-versa, unless
> I setup something like a VPN.  Yet both of them should
> have access to the external network (WAN or Internet).

Good ideas, I've been thinking along the same lines, at least
protecting the lan from the wireless world, not sure I need to let
anyone get to the external from wireless without my permission.

I don't think the WRT54G can do this out of the box, but it seems that
you should be able to do this, although you might have to treat the
four integrated switch ports as if they were wireless rather than lan
devices.

By the way, I'm still waiting for that signed GPG key for my non Gmail
accounts <G>