[TriLUG] WRT54G as WAP

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Aug 30 14:56:05 EDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Joseph Tate wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:18:25 -0700 (PDT), Joseph Mack NA3T
> <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> > will you be able to do it on my WRT54G if I bring it along?
> > (I'm always nervous about flashing ROMs incase I wind up with a hosed
> > machine).
> >
> > Thanks Joe
>
> That would be a good question for the presenter.  My question for you
> is who would you hold responsible if it fails?

I see.

If at the start of the meeting, he said was willing to do it and told us
the number of successes and failures he's had, and the sorts of things you
have to do to recover a half hosed, but saveable machine, and that it's on
my head if it fails, I'd be able to decide by the end of the meeting if I
wanted to risk it.

Joe