[TriLUG] RedHat 9 and cups

Jeff Groves jgroves at krenim.org
Tue Aug 31 07:12:25 EDT 2004

Mike M wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:23:47PM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
>
>>I installed CUPS on a Red Hat 9 system (installed using yum).  I
>>believe it's yum 1.1.17.  Anyway, the printer is a laserjet 1200
>>connected via usb.  I keep getting "media tray empty" or "no pages
>>found" errors when I try to print test pages.  Any ideas?  I'm
>>downloading more drivers now, and I hope that fixes it, but if anyone
>>has seen this error before I'd appreciate a heads-up.
>

> Run away :-)
>
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cups-horror.html
>
> Sorry for not actually being useful.

No, this was helpful.

I'm apparently a real sucker for abuse.  Not only am I trying to use CUPS on Fedora Core 1,
but I'm trying to print to a CUPS printer through Samba from a Windows 2000 machine.

The URL above prompted me to have another go at getting it working again this morning and
spent another 45 minutes of giving my monitor the finger...

I've had my abuse for today.

Jeff G.