[TriLUG] Gmail for nonprofits

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 16:51:31 EDT 2004

> It seems that most people who want a gmail account have already gotten
> one, and there are plenty of invites to go around.  I have a feeling
> that it will probably be opened to the 'general public' soon anyway,
> given how fast everyone's invites are replenished.

> Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm, but there has probably already
> been quite enough discussion on how to get a gmail invite!  :-)

> Also, what does Google's terms-of-service for the e-mail accounts say
> about using it for 'storage' like that?  I would be extremely wary of
> using something like that for important data; after all, that's not what
> it's designed for.  It's supposed to be for e-mail.

Jeremy,

That's a great assessment, but it doesn't really have anything to do
with what I am talking about.  This isn't about having invites,
coveted or not.  It's about what _I_ am choosing to do with them

No offense, but I almost put a caveat in that message about what you
might have to say.  If you aren't interested in participating, fine.
But quite frankly, I'm not a dumbass.  I have thought of some of these
issues already.

Matt